Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Super Moon

Yes, I know it was a while ago but I just found the pics! heehee

I am not usually able to capture the moon on camera. I don't know what it is, I just can't do it. The pics are blurry, shaky, you name it. It is something I have been trying to do for several years now with no success.

So, when the Super Moon was scheduled to appear I knew I had to try it. this could be my one and only chance to get a good picture of the moon!

The problem? We missed it.

I thought it was for the next night and so we didn't go looking for it on the correct night. But...we didn't find that out until we went out on the night in question and looked for it.

Nothing.

So.disappointing.

My one chance was gone.

As I laid in bed lamenting my loss I hear Bethany shouting from the living room. Not anything too out of the ordinary there but what she said got my attention pretty fast.

"Mom, people on facebook are saying the Super Moon is out tonight. Did you see it?"

WHAT???

I hopped up out of bed, okay really it was more like fell with a roll and a lot of grunting, and ran (shuffled) to the living room.

"What are you talking about? It was last night." What I really wanted to say was, 'how dare you get my hopes up, what kind of daughter plays this kind of sick joke on her mother?' But I didn't.

I casually put my shoes on and went out on the front lawn. I didn't see anything at first because the neighbors built their stupid house (45 years ago) right where I needed to look. I actually had to walk a little to be able to see the sought after Super Moon. Good grief, how much work am I going to have to go through to get a picture of the moon? I mean, really.

After all my internal grumbling and complaining I looked up to see the beacon of the night-time Creation. She was beautiful. I can imagine God looking on the moon with her craters and shadowing and just smiling. It was breathtaking and we only got to see it on the second night.

I quickly ran inside (again with the shuffling) and grabbed my camera praying the whole time there was room for more pics and battery life enough to snap a few pics.

There was.

I am so stinking happy to mark this off my bucket list!

 

 

No comments: