Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Life in the midst

Our Tuesdays and Thursdays are busy.  Chaotic.  Loud.  Full.  And yet we get it done.  These are the days that we have three extra kiddos over for school.  These are the days I am most organized and we get the most done!  They are also the days that I am most tired.

Tuesday nights Steven and the kids have BSF and it is a late night.  Mondays we have our homeschool group and play practice.  Wednesdays we have youth group for the two older ones, gymnastics for the 8yo, and Steven has a mentoring meeting.  At the moment Thursdays and Fridays evenings are clear but soccer will start very soon...

School seems to be the main focus of our lives but that isn't the whole truth.  Life is our main focus.  Life within our family and life for each individual.  Growing adults that love to learn and love others because they love Jesus is the main focus. 

But that seems to get lost in and among Math, Science, History, and all the other subjects we have to get done.  School takes over everything and becomes our everything.

I don't like that.  I want something more than just academics for our kids.  I just haven't figured out how to do that on a regular basis.  I guess I will settle for living life in the midst of all the other stuff that happens!


No comments: