Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

God is so good

Last Thursday our homeschool group went to Morningstar Ranch to volunteer.  We spent the day painting, planting, and having fun.  Our good friends live up there and we miss them terribly.

After the fun and work was over, we had to hurry home because my brother was having surgery at the VA.  We were almost home when it happened.  I was driving 65mph and was in the passing lane trying to get around a slower car.  There was a car in front of me, several behind, and the one on the right with several cars behind him.  It was a very busy highway.

I was almost past the car on my right when I tried to give the car a little more gas.  I say tried because I did and nothing happened.  I tried again and then looked at the speedometer and realized that it was going the wrong way.  We were slowing down.  I looked at the gauges and lights, there was nothing wrong.  But we were definitely slowing down. 

I looked at my oldest and said that something was wrong.  By then, the lights and gauges were all going off and I knew that the car was dead.  It had died going 65mph in the middle of heavy traffic.  I had no power steering and no way to get it off the road and around all the traffic.  I started say, "Oh God", not in a cursing kind of way but in a desperate cry for help kind of way.  I turned on my emergency lights and tried to turn the steering wheel and the next thing I know we are sitting on the shoulder out of traffic. 

Seriously.

I don't know how we got there and how we didn't get hit by all those cars, but Praise God we didn't.  It was probably one of the scariest moments I can remember.   The girls and I talked about it and I was sure to make them understand that God was in control and He got us to the side of the road safely. 


2 comments:

Beauty said...

Amen. He has been there for me daily. Whether it is not going when the light turns green and another car runs a red light. Or something as simple as giving me a light landing when I fall and don't get hurt or surviving cancer. Heavenly Father is my companion. I am so proud of you and the way you raise your little ones. I know He will bless you and your family as you keep Him near.

Kristine said...

What a blessing for your girls to so clearly SEE God's hand on their lives. :) Praise Him you are okay!