Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Thursday, August 16, 2007

So much to say...

I haven't posted in a while because I am still processing everything that happened at Royal Family Kids Camp and life decided not to wait while I recovered! Camp was WONDERFUL! As always. It is a camp for Foster Kids. Some things happened at the beginning that made it very challenging; but, we figured it out and things went pretty smoothly. We did end up having an intestinal bug move throughout our cabin so that 6 of 9 people were sick off and on all week. It made it very interesting going into the bathroom stalls! We would go into the stall and find little 'gifts' floating and waiting for us to discover! Eventually during the week, we discovered a pair of panties in the toilet with a gift! We later discovered an extra special 'gift' for us when we tried to fix the toilet. When we opened the tank lid, we discovered a floating 'gift' for us there. We really aren't sure how it got there; but, we are pretty sure that someone had to have put it there. Then when we got back to our rooms on another night I was checking my bed for spiders and lo and behold-a wet spot!! Someone had let a girl sit on my bed to get her toenails done and she couldn't wait I guess. So in the middle of the night we are waking people up asking for extra bedding! We laughed until almost 2am about it. We also had one of the counselors in my room have a positive TB test while we were at camp! Then on Friday, I found a tick on my stomach. I PANICKED and just pulled it out and the head was stuck in there. SO, I had to go to the nurse's station and she had to dig around in there to get the head out. OUCH!

There are so many more things that happened on a personal level with the kids that there is just not enough room to write them. One instance though that is typical is this: One of the boys was asking a staff member if they had any pets and she said that they had had a few the last of which was a dog that they got rid of because it bit the baby. This precious little boy looked up and said that if it had been his mom, she would have gotten rid of him. And she did.

These kids are soo special. I cannot believe that I get to do this each year!!

No comments: